Pandemic Growth engine for Fleek
- Part of our growth strategy, codenamed “Pandemic” required a device lab of 600 iPhone robots (!)
- Each iPhone was the “server” for a college’s snapchat story, which served as our inbound user funnel.
- I built two separate “racks” of 300 iPhones and 12 wifi routers with VPN uplink to a central server.
- I reverse engineered snapchat in order to automate the functionality we required of the app.
- It worked: the project got us 600k users within 6 months of launching Fleek.
Fleek Cloud Infrastructure
- I was responsible for the backend of the Fleek app, which at peak had 50k daily active users.
- Managed fleet of sixteen cloud servers at AWS. Migrated from Parse.com API to self-hosted backend.
- Migrated entire fleet of servers from AWS to google cloud with zero downtime for end users.
ParsePy parse-server python client
- I inherited the ParsePy project from someone who passed it onto me since I was its top contributor.
- Under my leadership, the project has grown from 360 to 420 stars, merged 4 PRs, closed 13 issues.
Torcoin Undergraduate senior thesis
- Co-authored undergraduate senior thesis on theoretical proof-of-bandwidth cryptocurrency.
- Invited to present research at HotPETS 2014 in Amsterdam with travel funded by Tor project.
- Ranked #1 on hacker news, widely circulated online, and currently cited by 15 subsequent papers.
Code New Haven Non-profit coding class
- Founded an organization to teach local high schoolers how to code. Developed curriculum for class.
- Taught two semesters of class in addition to two workshops to a separate group of students.
- Students created a collaborative class website and also published their own websites to github.
Proxy51.com Side project in college
- Before I even started the CS major, I built a side business selling HTTP proxy servers to customers.
- Grew to 400+ customers, $200k rev in 2013 (profits ~ $120k). Fleet of 20 servers, 10k IP addresses.
- Eventually it became too much to manage with school/sports and I decided to shut it down.
Yale ASA Transit Student Bus Company
- Yale ASA Transit transported 2000+ students per year via bus to major sports games and airports. - I managed relationships with university
administrators, bus companies, and sold tickets to students.
- Under my leadership, revenue grew 20% YoY to over $50,000 between Nov 2013 and Mar 2014.
Numenta Summer Internship
- Created interface for salespeople to easily demo machine intelligence product to non-engineers.
- Contributed over 300 code commits to API and frontend codebases, including full test coverage.
- Worked closely with founder, Jeff Hawkins (founder of Palm, Inc) to work within his specification
docker-nfqueue-scapy packet interceptor
Docker container for intercepting packets with scapy from a netfilter queue (nfqueue)